About the Trainer
Max Muller possesses more than 38 years of business experience as an attorney, businessman and consultant. For many years Max held various operating and executive positions with distribution and information technology companies. In 1990, he began a consulting and professional speaking practice focusing on providing practical solutions in the areas of Inventory Control/Cycle Counting, OSHA and Workplace Legalities.
Max has presented more than 3,000 seminars, webinars, podcasts and audio-conferences throughout the United States, England and Canada, attended or participated in by over 100,000 individuals. Max is also a highly experienced instructional designer. He has authored numerous one and multi-day seminars and workshops, training video scripts, and internet distance learning materials for a number of adult continuing education organizations.
Discrimination | Harassment (including sexual harassment) | FMLA | ADA | FLSA | COBRA | Recruitment and Onboarding | Discipline and Discharge | Unemployment | Workers’ Compensation | Behavior Based Interviewing | Performance Evaluation [including Behaviorally Anchored Rating Systems (“BARS”) of performance evaluation] | Documentation | National Labor Relations Act (“NLRA”) | Legal Aspects of Social Media (including workplace privacy)
Occupational Safety and Health
• 10-Hour General Industry OSHA Outreach Program – attendees receive Course Completion Card from OSHA Training Institute
• 30-Hour General Industry OSHA Outreach Program – attendees receive Course Completion Card from OSHA Training Institute
• One and Two-Day OSHA programs tailored to your organization’s specific industry and needs
Inventory Control – Cycle Counting – Supply Chain Management – Warehousing
Warehousing and Inventory Control Fundamentals | Why Inventory Systems Fail and How to Fix Them | Creating a Perpetual Inventory Control System Through Cycle Counting Methodologies (including the Block Method, the Random Selection Method, the Diminishing Population Technique, and the A-B-C Method) | Supply Chain Management Fundamentals (including implementation, as well as how to avoid creating a single point of failure) | Fundamentals of Negotiating Purchase Agreements (including both contracts for services and contracts for purchasing goods)
Licenses and Degrees
• University of Kansas, Bachelor of Arts
• University of Kansas School of Law, Juris Doctor
• OSHA Authorized General Industry Outreach Trainer
• Licensed REALTOR®, Kansas
• Certified FastTrac® Facilitator, Kaufmann Foundation
Books and Publications:
• The Manager’s Guide to HR: Hiring, Firing, Performance Evaluations, Documentation, Benefits, and Everything Else You Need to Know, Second Edition, AMACOM Books and SHRM, New York City, August 2013. – First Edition, AMACOM Books and SHRM, New York City, January 2009.
• The Fundamentals of Inventory Control and Management, 4th Edition, AMACOM Books, New York City, 2013.
• The Legal Side of HR Practice, AMACOM Books, New York City, January 2012.
• Essentials of Inventory Management, 2d Edition, AMACOM Books, New York City, March 2011. Spanish language version.
•Fundamentos De Administracion De Inventarios, Grupo Editorial Norma, 2005.
•The Essential OSHA Self-Study Guide, Sound Learning Solutions, Kansas City, MO, January 2006.
Most Requested Keynotes
• Office Romance – The Road From Attraction to Litigation℠
• FLSA Got-Ya’s – Real Threats, Real Solutions
• Danger Zone: FLSA Job Classifications
• Social Media’s Dark Side: Limiting Your Liability
• Vital Personnel Policies and Practices for the Medical or Dental Office
Max can help you update your employee handbook.
Our trainers can tailor a program to meet your organization’s unique needs.